SAYO
Act 1 Scene 1
Dr. Lambert enters the lecture
room as he greets the students
Dr.: Good morning class
STUDENTS: (chorus answer)
good morning sir.
Dr.: You all performed worse in the last test I gave you
STUDENTS: Test! (Start
murmuring)
Dr.: Yes test, I have recorded the class
work for your test. The highest score is 15/40 which is bad. Start preparing
for your exam. None of you should end any person to me, if you try it, you will
fail my course, no begging. Go get ready for your exam. Any question?
Some students raised up their hands and Dr. called on one of them named
Tomiwa
Dr.: Yes Tomiwa
TOMIWA: Sir, we weren’t
informed about the test, I think you should reconsider because some of us were
not around yesterday for one reason or the other.
The other students all shout; yes you are right Tommy. You have to
reconsider sir, it’s unfair.
Dr.: Yes it’s
unfair that is why we need to handle you well right now so you won’t disgrace
the image of this school outside there. This will serve as a lesson for you all.
Always prepare for test because this life you are is a test, those who prepared
will pass, and those who doesn’t will fail like some of you have. Only few of
you weren’t around yesterday, the set of which I have noticed not to be serious.
For your information, if you don’t write the test, don’t border writing the
exam. Good day.
A student named Sayo holds her head when Dr. alters his last statement.
She ran after Dr. immediately he went out of the class
SAYO: Sir, I wasn’t in class yesterday
Dr.: (walking and talking) Congrats.
What is my problem concerning that?
SAYO: (Stammering) but I was
……..
Dr.: (cut in in her
complain) see me in my office by 2pm, bye.
Sayo stands still as she thinks of seeing Dr. Lambert in the office for
she knows who he is to ladies.
Sade and Sola met her on the same spot and she told them about Dr.’s
invitation to his office.
SOLA & SADE: His office! (Chorus reply)
SADE: My friend don’t go…… He can’t be trusted
SOLA: Ha Sade! It hasn’t got to that………. Go and see
him to hear what he will say maybe he will allow you to write yours in his
office.
SAYO:
Maybe you girls should go to market to
buy the food stuff while I wait to see Dr. Lambert, then we meet at home.
SADE:
Ok, we meet at home. God will help you
dear.
SAYO:
Pray that I find favor there.
Sade and Sola go to the market while Sayo
waits around to see Dr. Lambert.
Act
1 SCENE 2
This is 1 minute after 2 has Dr is waiting
for Sayo in his office while there comes a knock on the door.
Dr:
Who is there? Come in.
(Door opens, and close, it is Sayo)
Sayo:
Good afternoon sir, I’m Sayo, you told
me to see you.
Dr:
I know your name. What is good in
the afternoon when you missed my class yesterday? Just sit down.
Sayo: I was sick and rushed down to hospital. I
came back around 9 late in the night sir.
Dr: While won't you be rushed to hospital
after you must have committed series of abortion. Thank God you understand, and
you must know what to do to pass.
Sayo: I didn’t commit any abortion, it was just a
malaria according to doctor’s report.
Dr: You think I’m a fool, uhm? I don’t
have time for your lies. I know people like you. Pretenders, so give what you
have to get what you want.
Sayo: I don’t understand what you mean sir. I am
here because of my test and nothing else, and if you can’t allow me to write
it, just please do not fail my exam paper sir, I beg you in the name of Jesus.
Dr: If you want me to explain farther, I
will; In case you don’t know, you will be the 20th girl I will have
sex with for scores, if you are ready to cooperate, which means I have climbed
on 19th girls for scores not to talk about the ones seeking for
admission, money and the likes.
Sayo: (Crying)
please sir, I can’t defile my body because of mark, I am a child of God. He
owns my body soul and spirit. I belongs to him, to him alone.
Dr: Don’t bring religion into this. God is
not your lecturer, I am. And if you don’t obey me here, that is an automatic
extra year. Wake up girls, your pastor won’t know if that is why you are
scared. I will make it a secret. There are lots of SU girls on this campus I
have fucked, and nobody knows about it. Just relax your secret is save with me,
even my friends and yours won’t know.
Sayo: I am not keeping myself because of Pastor, not
even for my fiancé but for God. And if my secret is save with you, what of God,
will my secret be hidden from him?
Dr: Do you think God cares how you use
your body, moreover the sin of fornication is against the body not God. Why
can’t He make you healthy for you to attend the test? Definitely He wants you
to help yourself out. My dear, Lecturers help those who help themselves as
heaven help those who help themselves. Think
about it till tomorrow and meet me at Diganga hotel. We will do it in the night
so nobody will see you when you enter. Come by 9pm and by 9:15pm you will go
back to your hostel. After then in your presence I will score you without
writing any test, be a smart girl.
Sayo:
(Stand
up with frown face) I will rather fail than to defile my body with anybody.
It is better for man to fail me than God to fail me. Nevertheless God can’t
fail me He will help me for sure, my life success and progress are not determined by
your mark. You rape girls all because you have the power and position today,
only God knows and own tomorrow, He will change the tides because everything
works together for them that love God.
Dr: (laughing)
I know people like you, that is what
you all say. I will wait for you there, don’t forget 9pm.
(She walks out of the office and jam the
door behind her)
Dr: (continues)
How will a girl like you graduate without me having sex with her in this
campus, God forbid.
ACT1
SCENE 3
Sade and Sola just come back from the
market, resting on their bed as Sayo enters the room in sad mood.
Sola: Welcome my friend. How was your meeting
with Dr. Lambert? Is he going to allow
you write your test?
Sayo: My test!
The visit was just a waste of time. Just imagine that Man telling me to
have sex with him. He said I don’t have to write any test or exam once I can
have a night with him in Diganga
Hotel.
Sex! Sola and Sade exclaimed
Sade: I knew it. And nobody knew he was going to
turn out like this yesterday. It was just 5 minute classwork yesterday which we
ourselves couldn’t finished not to talk of written for you. Before he started
the lecture, he told the class rep. to tear a shit of paper and pass it round
for everybody to write down his/her name, then he verified it to be sure if
nobody write name for anybody which I did for you.
Sola: Oh! Oh! Oh! Haaaa, so it was during the
verification of the names he noticed Sayo wasn’t around. But why will he want
to do such a thing to someone like you who served God with all her life? Why? Did you have any quarrel with him which he is trying to pay you
back?
Sayo: My first year on this campus during the
registration was the first time we met. You know he was our course registrar
that time.
Sade: Yes, he was.
Sola: I also remember. All of us passed through
him. So what happened?
Sayo: Nothing, he only said “he will meet me in 400L”.
That was all he said.
Sade: Oh Gosh! That was when you should have
noticed.
Sayo: Noticed what? What was that have to do with
me? Didn’t we all meet him in 400L?
Sade: I had met with two of our seniors who said
they were once his victim,
and that was the statement he first told them during their own course
registration. Few of the lower level taking his general course also said the
same thing.
Sola: I’ve never heard such statement before.
Then how come you know all this and we don’t know?
Sade: Remember I stayed in Rock girls’ hostel from my first year to my
third year before we start living together in off campus, and this statement is
common in Rock hostel.
Sayo: I haven’t heard such a statement.
Sola: I think I heard it once while we were in
hostel but I never found out more about
it.
Sade: I overheard a girl at the salon telling her
friends how she met him on the road and she greeted him and he stopped her
asking if she is a student,
of which she replied yes. Then he further asked if she is taki``ng the general
course which she also replied yes, then Dr. Lambert finally said “you will meet
me during exam”, and the girl said ok.
Sola: What happened latter?
Sade: I didn’t wait to hear the rest of the
story.
Sola: Hmm! God have mercy. So what you are saying
is that those girls latter met with him on the bed before he passed them?
Sade: Sure. What else do you expect? Sayo, you
are my friend, and you know I don’t like fornication. But this is different. I
think you should consider. This is
your future.
Sola: Consider what? What nonsense advice is
that? A real Spirit filled Christian should consider having sex with her
lecturer because of mark! This case is not different from fornication. Even it
is even more than fornication, it is a curse because Dr. Lambert is married.
Sade: It is just an advice.
Sola: That is a bad advice.
Sade: Let reason and be wise, extra year, remember?
You never had any carryover course since 100L, will you now allow this stupid
lecturer to spoil your certificate? Will you allow him to let you spend another
money on campus? And remember you won’t go with your mate to service, which is
like a shame in the fellowship and everywhere.
Sola: Hold it there. Thank God you called him a
stupid lecturer. Now consider a righteous daughter of God washed and cleansed
by the blood of Jesus to allow a stupid demonic filled lecturer to have a night
with her: which one is more stupid between them?
Sade: Hmmm! What is she going to do now?
Sola: You are now talking. I think we should
report him to Head of Department (HOD).
Sayo:
Hum, I think that is a better idea.
Sade: Smile,
the HOD is the grandfather in sleeping with the young girls in this faculty. What judgement do you expect from him? Who do you
think he will support? He himself can even ask you out in other to help you.
They are birds of the same feather. Let just think of another way. If we say we
should report him to the school authority, none of them can confront him when
it comes to issues like this, nobody wants to die. They are afraid of him.
Sola: Then
we report him to God. He said in Psalm 50:15 “And call upon me in the day of
trouble: I (LORD) will deliver thee, and thou shall glorify me”. I bellieve He
(GOD) will change his (Dr. Lambert) heart for your good.
Sade: Amen!
Sayo: (Still in sad mood) Before we pray, let
me tell you my conclusion.
Sola: What?
Sade: (smile) I know you don’t have any
option my dear friend.
Sayo: I have option, and my option is I will
never accept his offer. I rather fail his test than fail God. God holds and
determines my tomorrow, not my certificate. That is my conclusion.
Sola: Wow! That is great……..
Sade: I won’t believe you until then. Don’t tell
me you mean it.
Sola:
Sade, shout your dirty mouth up.
Please someone is hungry here, go and cook, it your turn today.
Sade: Hehee, I know.
Sola: Whatever. I pray your eyes of
understanding will be enlightened one day.
Sade: Mummy Pastor, we don hear.
Sayo: You girls have started again, haha. Let me
rest please.
To Be Continue
Comments
Post a Comment